Greg and I are home with our beautiful baby girl, ELISE DIOR PATTEE! She graced us with her presence on November 3rd, at 12:20PM and weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces and was 20 inches long. Labor and delivery went really well, I was already 4cm dilated before they started the Pitocin so I was only on it for an hour and a half. The Pitocin strengthened my contractions obviously so I had an epidural soon after. I did experience several contractions so I could really appreciate the pain relief that came with the epidural. :) Here's a picture of me, right after getting the epidural. Notice the smile...

Soon after the epidural, I made a lot of good progress quickly and I only had to push on-and-off for about 30 minutes. After the last push I heard the sweetest cry from our baby girl. Here's our first family portrait, please pardon the puffiness in my face.

Unfortunately that's pretty much where our luck ended. I had a significant "repair" done after the birth, which was fine at the time since I still felt the relief from the epidural, but is now extremely painful. Also, after I was in our post-partum room the nurses could tell that my uterus was not contracting. Because of this I had a very significant blood loss and almost had to get a blood transfusion. I will spare you the details but it was the scariest and most painful 24 hours of my life. All I wanted to do was to hold and enjoy our new little bundle which made things even worse because I obviously wasn't able to.
We are home now with Elise and she is doing really well. We can't get enough of her and love her SO much. I am on several pain medications along with a large does of iron due to the extreme blood loss and thankfully I am feeling better. My mom and dad were here for the birth which made the after-birth situation a little easier to handle. Unfortunately my dad is back in Atlanta but my mom will be here until a few days before Thanksgiving, which will be a great help, and my sister will be here in a couple of weeks!
Enough about me, here are a few pictures of our sweet little angel, Elise.
Elise has been doing really well. I know that we are partial, but she really is a great baby. :) We've both gotten the hang of nursing and I think we are all in the clear now and things will only continue to get better and better. I love being a mommy and Greg loves being a daddy. We are so blessed to have such a healthy, beautiful baby!
Thank you all for sharing my pregnancy with me, Greg and Elise. We promise to continue to keep the blog updated with pictures, etc. so please check back often.
Love,
The Pattees!
4 comments:
Oh Keds - congratulations! She is beautiful and looks like you! :) I am so happy that things went well for the most part and you are all home together now...keep us updated with lots of pics of the little one! Miss you! xoxo
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you and Greg. Elise is absolutely beautiful!! I hope you are doing better. I love all the pics. Your family is so stinkin' cute! :)
We are so happy for the both of you and just can't wait to meet little Elise. She is such a little angel (of course, what else would sweet Kimmie have?).
Regina and Joe will be the best grandparents!
Hope to see you soon!
Congrats Kim. Enjoy every moment, even the ones that seem exhausting. Remember some days will seem long but the months and years go by fast. I can relate to that statement now that Sam is already 6 months young. But I will say I love each stage more and more and continue to get excited for what tomorrow will bring. She is beautiful. I love her name too.
Post a Comment