Since it's now Fall, Greg and I decided to pick up pumpkins last weekend and try to get in the holiday cheer. Initially, we were planning on going to a pumpkin patch but finding one was a bit more difficult that we had imagined. The few that we saw consisted of a few pumpkins sitting near the side of the road. Now, being from Chicago originally, both Greg and I were expecting a bigger event with tons of pumpkins of all different shapes and sizes, haunted houses, hot apple cider and cocoa, little kids dressed up in their costumes, etc. To say I was a little disappointed is an understatement but I didn't let it get the best of me! Instead, Greg and I stopped at Publix (a grocery store in the southeast for those of you that aren't familiar) and picked out our pumpkin. The funniest part was when we were paying for the pumpkin, the cashier asked us if we were going to carve it. We were nice and answered her question by saying yes, but once we were in the car we were both laughing because we weren't sure what else we would do with the pumpkin if we weren't going to carve it! Sometimes it feels like living in Florida is like living on another planet! :)
Anyway, here are Greg and I in action, having fun carving our pumpkin:


We used a stencil this year and I think it turned out pretty well. Here's the final product:


On Sunday, I was still in the holiday mood, so I decided to do a little cooking...it must be the whole "nesting" thing! I swear, I've nested throughout this entire pregnancy. Anyway, here are the popcorn balls I made and the apple bread/cake that I baked.


We hope you are all enjoying this fall season and getting ready for Halloween! Maybe I will get to "dress up" as a mom this year!
Love,
Kim
1 comment:
Look at you little miss homemaker, those popcorn balls look yummy! If you move to GA there are some awesome pumpkin patches with hayrides, cider, millions of pumpkins, etc. You can be here by this time next year and all will be good:)!
Post a Comment