Friday, September 26, 2008

Surprise, Surprise!

Hi everyone,

Last week and weekend were full of great surprises! I thought I would recap since I know how much everyone loves being surprised!

Last Thursday, I was planning on going to lunch with two of the women that I work with. I was really looking forward to getting out of the office and having a good lunch...little did I know, they were having a suprise baby shower for me and my entire department was there waiting for my arrival! It was honestly the first time I had a surprise party (my birthday is 3 days after Christmas and we all know how the holidays are!) and I was completely in shock especially since I have only been in my new department for a couple of months! It was so much fun and everyone was so generous (again!) and bought us so many great gifts!

Here's a picture that does a good job of showing how surprised I was!




The story (and suprises!) continues...My mother-in-law hosted a shower for me on Saturday so my mom and sister flew into town. I knew that three of my college girlfriends (2 that live in Florida and 1 that lives in Chicago) were making the trek for the shower as well but I was told that the rest of my favorite girls were unable to make it. So Friday night we were at our house catching up when all of a sudden the doorbell rings. I had NO idea who it could've been so I asked Greg if he could get the door. As I look up, I see my friends, Kimmie (from Seattle, WA), Kathrine (from NYC), and Aryn (from Ohio) walk in! I WAS SO SUPRISED AND SO HAPPY TO SEE ALL OF THEM! It was the best surprise a girl could ask for.

Here's a picture of all (but one) of us!



We all met and lived together in college and have been great friends that have stayed in touch since...except 1 of the girls was missing. I didn't want to seem unappreciative to have the majority of the girls there so I didn't say much about Lesia not being there. She has a baby boy, lives in Boston, and is a working mom so I completely understood why she wasn't able to make it. Fast forward to Saturday at the shower...all of the girls walk in and I noticed there was one more. I, of course did a double take because I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Sure enough, Lesia flew in late the night before so she could make it the shower too! It was so much fun to have all of them there and again, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world!

Here's the complete package!



Here are a few more pictures from the shower!



This is my beautiful sister, Natalie and I!




Florida Girls! Jess, me, Angelique and Brooke! We can't forget Chloe.




My sisters-in-law, Jill and Jodie, and Lynn (Jodie's boyfriend's mom!)




Greg's Grandma and Aunt Gerri!




The adorable umbrella cake made of cupcakes! YUM! :)


Thank you all again for those who traveled and those who didn't have to! You all made my Florida shower so wonderful. The baby and I feel so loved! By the way, Greg knew about all of the surprises and did such a great job of not slipping. He's such a good husband!
Love,
Kim

3 comments:

The Gordon Family said...

How fun, I love all the pictures and what a great surprise! You look great and the same as you did when I saw you weeks ago!

Stephanie said...

So glad we were all able to make it in for the shower and best of all to surprise you! It was great seeing you, Greg-O, Regina and Natalie...can't wait to come over and see little Pattee once she makes her arrival! Love you! :)

Dawn said...

Unbelievable! How many showers have you had? You are the luckiest girl of all with the best friends and family!!!! Love your blog, the background and your new photos. This is the best idea I have ever seen. You look great and only a few weeks to go. Can't wait for the big news to arrive!