Thursday, September 4, 2008

30 Weeks!

Hi everyone,
Well yesterday I had my 30 week appointment, which went well. It was pretty run-of-the-mill with the nurses checking my blood pressure, weight gain, etc. My blood pressure was great, 114/75 so the nurses were happy considering it has been very low most of my pregnancy. I've also gained 25 pounds so far, which is average. With temperatures in the mid 90s everyday and the heat index in the 100s, carrying an additional 25 pounds is not fun. All I have to say is thank goodness for air conditioning! :) My next appointment will be in another 4 weeks so hopefully everything goes well between now and then! Both Greg and I are getting really excited about the birth of our baby girl. We can't wait to meet her and hold her!

In other news, we've been very lucky in escaping the tropical storms and hurricanes thus far (knock on wood). Yesterday one of the nurses asked me if I had heard about the woman who gave birth twice in hurricane shelters...once for Katrina and this time for Gustav. I hadn't heard the story nor did I really want to hear it because now I have one more thing to worry about! Keep your fingers crossed that the rest of hurricane season calms down and that Southwest Florida is safe!

Love,
Kim

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

love the new background - too funny b/c my girlfriend Janelle just changed hers to this exact same one! enjoy the weekend! xoxo

The Gordon Family said...

I am glad everything went well, I can't believe how close you are getting!! I love the new background.