Monday, January 26, 2009

Three Months...and Teeth?!?!

Hi everyone,

Today is an exciting day...exactly three months ago today, Elise was born! I know every mom says it, but I can't believe that three months have already passed...where does the time go?! It's so amazing how much Elise has already grown and changed. She has so much personality already, I can't imagine how she is going to be in another three months! :) She has been such a good girl and we truly are blessed to have such a healthy, happy baby...that sleeps 8 hours straight already!!! About a week ago, Elise started drooling a ton and putting everything in sight into her mouth. I thought it was a bit early for her to start teething but apparently my husband was an early teether and it's actually hereditary...go figure. Earlier today I was massaging Elise's gums (it's supposed to alleviate some of the pain) and guess what I found...yup, you guessed it...a little white speck on her lower gum! I can't believe she has already cut her first tooth! It explains her recent fussiness and all of the drool! :) They say that the first tooth is the hardest for most babies, so I'm hopeful that the rest of the teething stage will be easier and less painful for her...and ME!

Here's a picture of the birthday girl...who now is no longer considered a newborn!


I love her little "Petal Pump" slippers!



Sitting in her Bumbo seat for the first time!


Don't they look like they are in school together and Elise is raising her hand!


Trying to make her gums feel better! I love her thighs in this picture...cutie!



In closing, I'd just like to say that the past three months have been the best three months of my life! :)
Love,
Kim

3 comments:

Susie said...

Kim..I've said it before but I'll say it again, she is beautiful. I can't get over how much she is changing. I have to tell you too, I love reading your blog, I feel like I know Elise and we've never even met. Can't believe she got her first tooth, she is very advanced. Continue to enjoy each moment. We certainly are.

The Gordon Family said...

Kimmie it only gets better and better! She is absolutely adorable! I can't believe she has a tooth already! Her boyfriend is two months tomorrow and just started smiling:)! Doesn't it go too fast? I can't wait to see her again and squeeze those thighs. I love her, she is adorable, please tell her auntie Katie can't wait to spend more time with her soon!!

Jessica said...

She is so pefect! I want to come and see her soon! Monday is your first day back to work, right? I'll be thinking about you. My first day back went much better than I had thought. Before you know it, you'll be into a new routine and it will seem so easy. A couple girlfriends and I are planning a dinner out in a few weeks. I'd love for you to join us! I'll get in touch soon with the date:)