Wednesday, December 3, 2008

1 Month Old!

Hi everyone,
Well we've made it to the one month mark! I can't believe Elise has already been on this earth for a month...time sure does fly, even when you're sleep deprived! :) Things have been going well for the most part. We actually were back at the pediatrician's office this morning because last week Elise came down with a nasty bug and our poor baby had the worst diarrhea and lost 8 ounces. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal but when you're only 8 pounds, it's pretty significant. The appointment went well this morning and she is definitely feeling better since she gained 2 pounds since last week! I was worried because she recently started spitting up after eating and has been extremely fussy. The pediatrician thinks it's acid reflux and prescribed medicine so I'm hopeful that it works and she will feel better soon so her mommy and daddy can get at least a couple hours of sleep at night! Right now the only way she will sleep is laying on her belly on our chests which does not make for good quality sleep for us. The medicine can take up to a week to start working so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Here are a few new pictures of the birthday girl. As you can see she's getting bigger and bigger. She has already outgrown her "newborn" sized clothing and is onto "0-3 months!" WOW!!!





We hope you're all staying warm...it's only 68 here today so I know it's gotta be FREEZING up north! :)

Love,
Kim

No comments: