Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm Back!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately - Elise and Greg are on round 2 of antibiotics for nasty sinus infections so it has been doctor appointment after doctor appointment, followed by pharmacy pick-up after pharmacy pick-up around here. Hopefully the worst is over and we can stay healthy (at least for a little while!).

Elise has successfully transitioned to her new class at school. She's now in "Get Set" with the older kids where they're continuing potty training, learning how to drink out of regular cups (no more sippy cups), etc. I can't believe how fast she's growing up - where did my baby go?! She's talking in sentences now and we can actually have conversations with each other which is one of the best things about this age. ;) She has also become such a good little helper - feeding our dog, putting her shoes on all by herself, loading the fridge with water bottles, and picking up her toys and putting them back where they belong after playing.

This past weekend we went apple picking, one of our family's Fall traditions. Greg found a good one for Elise:



She didn't want to put the apples in the bag after picking them off the trees. Here she is running away with one! :)



Pausing for a quick picture. I have so few of just Elise and I since I'm always behind the camera but we're slowly changing that. :)



Showing off our apple!!



We managed to pick a good mixture of fresh apples and used some of the Granny Smiths to make an Apple Crisp when we got home - YUM!

No comments: